According to studies, 87% of shoppers start searching for goods on digital channels first. We can see an increase in demand for online shopping activities in recent years. (Source: Statista)
E-commerce is becoming a very viable option for many businesses because consumers' habits have changed. It’s no wonder that more and more companies move their businesses online to meet the market demand in a timely manner.
There are a number of benefits that industries can enjoy from an e-Commerce platform. Some of these advantages include the following:
- There is no geographical limitation, you can sell your products or services across the world.
- One of the most positive benefits is the lowered cost: you eliminate costs for advertising and marketing, personnel and real estate.
- You remain open all the time, 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- You expand your market and reach new customers with Search Engine Visibility.
- You have the ability to compete with much larger businesses.
- You provide additional information about your products and services to your customers (Content Marketing Strategy).
- You have a complete range of analytics and data and you can easily create targeted communication and sales offerings.
E-commerce Grant Scheme
The e-Commerce Grant Scheme seeks to support small and medium-sized companies through a grant to part-finance investment for the development or upgrading of an existing e-Commerce website and/or mobile application.
The focus on e-Commerce through this scheme is to encourage SMEs and start-up companies to increase their competitiveness and reach new markets through online sales. The maximum grant under this scheme is that of 5000€ from the government and the European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020.
In fact, in Malta, only 14% of businesses conduct online sales. Local businesses could take advantage of this opportunity to transition to e-Commerce which enables SMEs extensive possibilities such as reaching new clients and markets.
Incredible Web is an approved service provider in the e-Commerce Grant Scheme which finances up to 50% of eligible expenditure in developing an online selling. We can help you to improve or build your e-Commerce platform accessible via a website or a native mobile application.
Eligible costs include:
- Domain name registration
- Hosting fees
- The development, customisation and design of the e-Commerce website and/or mobile application
- The integration of intelligent shopping cart and payment system
- Costs related to setting up and configuration of the Content Management System (CMS) software
- The implementation of the required security features, testing and go-live.
If you would like to know more about this e-Commerce Grant Scheme, do not hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to help you.